Wednesday, November 25, 2009

A letter to my neighbour next door

25/11/2009

Dear my brother Chan;

We have been being a neighbour for almost ten years already. I feel so grateful to God that I am blessed with such a good neighbour next door, left and right. I always tell my friends and my family that I'm happy staying in Bernam Jaya as God loves me so much that He blessed me with a good neighbour. My neighbour never put me in trouble. In fact my neighbour offer so much happiness; my neighbours are just like my family. Sometimes offer me some food like nasi lemak, satay samuri, pizza, cookies, ice cream, laksa, beehun and so much more that the list could go endlessly. Only God could repay your kindness. God has created the good hearts made the good relationship among us.

My dear neighbour;
Trees are also God's creation. They are created purposely. They bear fruits for us to eat, they produce oxygen (O2) for us to breath, they absorb poisonous carbon dioxide (CO2) so that we do not suffocate. So, trees are a blessings to human kind. That is why I love the trees so much, I feel close to God when I love the trees as they are God's creation too. I don't mind people taking my rambutan and my "cat's eye" fruits. Socially speaking, the fruits has united us as we could share them together. I feel so happy and proud when my neighbour could share with me the sweetness of the fruits. I still remember when I peeled some rambutans and give them to Ah Foong, he was so happy eating them. Actually, I never stopped people taking my fruits. Let's enjoy them.

My dear neighbour;
I felt so hurt; as hurt as the tree if it could tell when one day I came back from work that the branches had been simply cut. I don't mind people enjoy my fruits but I really mind people simply cut my trees. The trees do no harm to us, they bear fruits for us, produce oxygen for us and absorb poison to save us...then we simply destroy them. I feel so sad that we have done bad to someone who is so kind to us.

It they are growing wildly we can trim or prune them nicely but please don't simply cut them. I like the way my uncle (your father) clean the trees. He clean the weeds under the trees and let the trees growing well. But you simply cut uncle's rambutan trees which are bearing fruits. Let the fruits get ripe first then only you prune it nicely.

I really beg you my brother...do not simply cut the tress, let SAVE THE NATURE.

Thank you and see you.